Every day there seem to be more and more reasons why extra-virgin olive oil should be a part of everybody’s eating plan. If it isn’t already part of yours, here are ten powerful reasons to add it to the menu.
Some great reasons for you to use extra virgin olive oil:
- It tastes good. Pleasure — one of the best reasons to do anything. Olive oil just tastes good. Extra-virgin olive oils range in from delicate to robust and more people are discovering their interesting taste characteristics.
- It can help you lose weight. It appears that monounsaturated fats, the kind found in olive oil, when replacing saturated fats, may encourage weight loss. Olive oil consumption has been shown to breakdown fats inside fat cells, get rid of belly fat and reduce insulin insensitivity.
- You may live longer. Because it is rich in monounsaturated fats and antioxidants, olive oil has been shown to help prevent or lessen the effects of cardiovascular disease, diabete s and certain types of cancer as well as a host of other illnesses and conditions.
- You might get smarter.Studies have shown that diets rich in monounsaturated fat (the sort of fat in olive oil) can prevent the cognitive decline associated with aging and in diseases like Alzheimer’s.
- You will glow from inside out. Olive oil contains vitamins A, D, K and E, which help protect against free radicals and cell oxidation which can lead to premature aging. Some of the best beauty benefits of olive oil come from the inside out.
- Your children may be born healthier. Studies have shown that the consumption of olive oil during pregnancy can improve a child’s psychomotor reflexes and give them other developmental advantages.
- You will feel less pain. Olive oil can act as a natural Ibuprofen. It contains oleocanthal, a substance with anti-inflammatory agents.
- You will have more energy. Your circulation will improve and you’ll be able to breath easier. Olive Oil can increase blood flow and help lessen the effects of illnesses such as asthma through its anti-inflammatory properties.
- You may be more resistant to infection. Olive oil contains high levels of antioxidants, including polyphenols, vitamins E, chlorophyll and carotenoids. Antioxidants are key to strengthening the immune system and protecting the body.
- You could be having better sex. Almost as important as the fact that it tastes good, olive oil may improve your sex life. Olive oil, in conjunction with Omega 3s have been shown to improve circulation, a key factor in achieving erections and reaching orgasm for both women and men.